The Gpub is a gastro-pub which occupies the ground level of the ProvidenceG complex. The space is entered through a grand double-height space with a sculpture metal stair. This leads you to into a composition framed by exposed concrete and exposed ductwork, softened with touches of leather banquets, and reclaimed wood tables. The lacquered walnut butcher-block bar provide a richly textured surface over which to share a pint. The walls are alternately covered with lime-washed oak, which echoes the efflorescence of the concrete, and classic sub-way tile, evoking the tradition of under-ground occupancy.
The Providence Journal called the space “a monument to industrial design… the result is just stunning”.
The former CJ Fox manufacturing headquarters in Providence is undergoing an extensive rehabilitation, converting it to 50,000sf of office space. The brick is being cleaned, and new windows are slated to arrive soon.
The Rooftop at the G is the only place of its kind in southern New England. the space features views of downtown, underneath a retractable glass awning. The exterior brick and metal elements are contrasted with soft cedar siding at the bar, bathrooms and other tactile elements.
One of the first parking garages (ever!) the Narraganset Hotel Garage has long been in danger of demolition. The exterior red paint was stripped to reveal the original buff brick, and the interior steel and concrete floors have been restructured. Most strikingly, historically accurate windows have been installed. The lower floor will continue to provide structured parking (via double and quad lifts) while the upper floors are being converted to high-end industrial-style apartments.
This former Gas Company headquarters from 1924 is seeing new life as luxury apartments. The complex will house additional retail, office and restaurant spaces. The spaces are designed for maximum efficiency, with cove-lighting featured in most great rooms. Interesting finishes include walnut cabinets, granite countertops and bamboo flooring. Two units delicately preserve the Gas Company’s former President’s Office and Board room.
This church design has transformed a dank former fraternal lodge into a light, lively worship space. Existing wood beams and planking were preserved, while new windows, lighting and trim brings the sanctuary design together.
This entrance lobby is the primary public space in a redeveloped four building mixed use complex in Downtown Providence, serving as the gateway to 50 residential units, retail, office, restaurants and structured parking. Venetian plaster, Macassar Ebony and acid washed concrete adorn its finished surfaces
Originally constructed in 1860, this 12ft x 40ft building is having its brownstone trim and storefronts restored, and will house a multi-level restaurant that will span into a new modern infill addition featuring a glazed ceiling and a sliding glass wall.
The exterior was repointed, its exterior brownstone was stripped of paint and repaired, and the historic windows were intensively restored. The storefront was designed and fabricated to echo historic photos, while serving the modern restaurant use behind it.